About Alaska Airlines
Taking the best and comfortable in-flight service is best when you are on a long-haul flight. And what could be better than a business class service! Although Alaska Airlines business class service is not available. But you are in for a First Class experience here.
The First Class service of Alaska Airlines offers premium amenities and an enhanced experience to all its guests. It provides exceptional services and ensures that all First Class passengers have an outstanding experience. This includes benefits like priority boarding, access to premium lounges, delicious food choices, entertainment, and much more. Explore all the services and amenities listed below.
Alaska First Class Airport Experience
Alaska Airlines, known for its exceptional customer service, has significantly broadened its operations and covers 115 destinations. These include various cities in Mexico, Costa Rica, and the most recent addition of Belize to its route network. As a flourishing North American airline, Alaska Airlines boasts a large base of satisfied customers.
Not just its network, passengers have also raved about the airline’s in-flight Alaska Air First Class service. We have mentioned the perks and services below:
- Alaska Airline mostly covers the west coast region of the US and this extends to its hub airports. These airports have a dedicated Alaska Airlines lounge that offers First class fliers access to the Alaska Board Room, its small network of lounges
- Even if you are not a Board Room member, it offers lounge access to First class passengers The airline has recently partnered with American Airlines, which gives First Class guests an access to American’s wider network of Admirals Clubs.
- At the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Alaska Airlines operates three lounges in Concourses C, D, and N. Passengers have the convenience of reserving their lounge slot using either the airline app or the website.
- Alaska Airlines lounges provide a variety of fresh snacks and buffet-style meals throughout the day. Guests can enjoy local beer, wine, and house spirits for free, while other alcoholic drinks and select food items are available for purchase.
- All lounges offered by Alaska Airlines provide stunning airport views, cozy fireplaces, and ample relaxation spots. Moreover, complimentary Wi-Fi and access to PressReader online are available in all lounges.
Although Alaska Airlines Business class is not available, the First class passengers can enjoy extra flexibility. It includes flexibility in baggage allowance, flight cancellations, and changes. Here are what you are entitled to:
Alaska Airlines offers first class tickets that come with the allowance of one carry-on bag and one personal item such as a purse or laptop carrier. It is important to note that the dimensions of the carry-on must not exceed 56cm, 36cm, and 22cm.
Alaska Airlines allows First Class passengers to check in two pieces of baggage weighing 50 pounds each and measuring 158 cm in dimensions without any extra charges. However, any luggage exceeding these limits may result in additional fees. Moreover, customers who hold Oneworld Alliance status are entitled to check in one extra bag at no cost.
Baggage Allowance for Infant with First Class Adult
Alaska Airlines First Class passengers traveling with an infant can bring a diaper bag that will be considered as part of the standard carry-on limit for the adult passenger. Please note that lap infants do not have their own carry-on allowance. Additionally, it is important to know that infants traveling in the First Class cabin are not eligible for complimentary meals.
Earn more miles
By booking a First class ticket with Alaska, you can accumulate an additional 75 Mileage Plan bonus miles compared to purchasing an economy class ticket.
Flight Cancellation Flexibility
Passengers holding First Class tickets have the privilege to cancel their booking prior to departure without being charged any cancellation fee. The refund will be processed and received within a span of 7-10 business days.
Flight Change Flexibility
First Class flight fares no longer have change fees imposed by the airline. However, if you decide to make changes on the day of departure, a change fee will be applicable. While there is no charge for changing the flight, you may be required to pay the fare difference if the new flight is more expensive than the original one. In case the new flight is cheaper, Alaska Airlines will refund the remaining amount according to their flight change policy.
- First class passengers are given priority boarding, even before Group A.
- Not only priority boarding, First Class fliers also get expedited check-in and express security screening at selected airports.
- There is a special dedicated screening line for the First Class passengers and Elite members.
Despite not having Alaska Airlines Business class, the First class tickets offer a range of benefits to ensure a luxurious experience for its passengers. Passengers can enjoy additional entertainment choices, a variety of meal options, spacious legroom, and complimentary beverages throughout the flight.
Cabin & Seat
- Alaska’s aircraft fleet comprises narrowbody Airbus A320 and Boeing 737 planes, equipped with 2-2 configuration wide recliner style seats. These seats are utilized even on the airline’s longest transcontinental routes and flights to Hawaii. Nonetheless, despite a seat pitch of up to 41″ in the First Class section, they are not particularly comfortable for such extended distances.
- While these seats on Alaska Airlines surpass the standard domestic offerings of other U.S. airlines, they still fall short of the luxurious comfort found in widebody aircrafts equipped with flat lie beds in Alaska Airlines First class cabins.
- Alaska Airlines First Class offers ample seating space, with each seat equipped with a storage pocket, custom Recaro leather seats designed with power outlets, comfortable recline, and a seat pitch of up to 41″.
- Additional features have been included in the First class cabin to provide an elevated level of comfort, such as footrests, tablet holders, and conveniently placed cup holders. Moreover, passengers can enjoy amenities like individual reading lights and air nozzles.
- Guests traveling in the First Class cabin can find blankets at their disposal, however, pillows and amenity kits are not provided by the airline on any of its flights. The lavatories are simple with no extra amenities, and bassinets are also not offered during the flight.
- Alaska Airlines offers a distinctive perk to its customers flying in Alaska First Class, allowing them to check-in their wine obtained from specific wineries on the West Coast at no extra cost, alongside their usual two bags.
- Passengers flying in Alaska First Class are provided with a personal First Class flight attendant who is always available to assist them. Whether you need assistance with hanging your coat, information about your flight, or a refreshing beverage, you can rest assured that a helping hand will never be far away.
Alaska First Class passengers are entitled to savor a range of complimentary local meals influenced by the West Coast, encompassing snacks and freshly made breakfast, lunch, and dinner options. Moreover, they can anticipate a complete tray service featuring porcelain dishes, linens, and silverware.
Additionally, Alaska Air First Class passengers have the option to pre-select their desired meal online prior to their flight, ensuring a wide range of meal choices. For flights covering a distance of 670 to 1,100 miles, first-class passengers traveling with Alaska can receive an in-flight meal and dessert, provided their departure falls between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm (excluding red-eye flights without meals). These flights offer a selection of cold meal options such as fruit and cheese platters or a protein plate.
Alaska offers a variety of hot meal options, such as the Autumn Squash Ancient Grain Bowl or pork and noodle bowl, for long haul flights exceeding 1,100 miles. Additionally, certain long distance flights may include an appetizer and extra snacks like a small serving of warmed salted mixed nuts.
Alaska Airlines provides a printed menu showcasing the day’s selection on their longer transcontinental routes and flights to Hawaii. The galley directly delivers all items without the use of carts in the aisle.
Enhance your dining experience on Alaska Airlines by complementing your meal with their exclusive West Coast winemaker program. Indulge in a wide selection of delightful and authentic beverages, including white and red wines sourced from the Pacific Northwest. The craft beer selection also showcases the same regional focus. Additionally, you can enjoy spirits such as Tito’s Handmade Vodka and Woodford Reserve Bourbon. The menu further offers an array of mixers, juices, soft drinks, Starbucks coffee, and Teavana teas.
- Inflight entertainment on Alaska Airlines does not include personal monitors; however, passengers can enjoy the free Alaska Beyond entertainment on their personal devices.
- One of the Alaska Airlines First class benefits is that the passengers can access entertainment programming like Hollywood movies and music through the online wireless internet signal. With a collection of over 500 movies and more than 550 episodes of short-subject programs or sitcoms, there is plenty to choose from. Additionally, inflight relaxation or a peaceful nap can be achieved with the soothing Headspace meditation sessions.
- In Alaska, passengers are given the option to connect to the inflight wireless internet signal for texting without any charges. Additionally, they have the choice to pay either an hourly rate or a fixed price for the entire flight in order to access the full internet.
- Alaska Airlines suggests bringing headphones to enhance your experience of streaming your preferred show. Kindly respect your fellow passengers and utilize a headset when accessing the in-flight entertainment.
In-Flight WiFi Accessibility
- Alaska planes offer high-speed satellite Wi-Fi, accessible for just USD 8, enabling you to stream, browse, and chat during your flight, providing a similar experience to what you’re accustomed to on the ground.
- Basic Wifi is available on certain aircrafts like the E175 and select 737 models. This internet connection allows you to stay connected with your emails, browse the internet, and do online shopping. However, streaming and downloading large attachments is not possible. You have the option to buy Wifi for just USD 8.
When flying with Alaska Airlines First Class, you will have the privilege of being the first to disembark the plane upon reaching your destination. You can rest assured that you will be safely guided to the ground and given priority access to claim your checked baggage upon arrival.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Business class the same as First Class Alaska?
Alaska Airlines doesn’t offer business class service. Instead, passengers can select the airline’s First Class, Premium Class, Main Cabin, and Saver Fare (Basic Economy).
Is First Class on Alaska worth it?
Alaska Airlines First class offers superior service and a comfortable experience, especially on longer coast-to-coast and long-haul international flights.
Is there a dress code for Alaska Airlines First Class?
The dress code for Alaska Airlines First class is casual. All you need to focus is a neat and well-groomed appearance of yours. Don’t wear a very revealing cloth.
How big is Alaska First Class seats?
Alaska Airlines provides a seat width of around 17 inches, measured from armrest to armrest, and a seatbelt length of about 46 inches. In case passengers require additional coverage, they can request a seatbelt extension from the flight attendant, which will increase the seat belt length by 25 inches.
Do First Class passengers get Alaska lounge?
Passengers holding First class tickets can access the Alaska lounge at the airport. However, lounge access is not offered to family and other guests if they do not have First Class tickets.
Do I get a free meal in First Class on Alaska Airlines?
Yes, complimentary food is served on all flights, with hot meals on flights over 1,100 miles and cold meals on flights between 670 miles and 1,100 miles.
What is the baggage allowance for Alaska Airlines First Class?
Alaska allows its First class passengers one piece of carry-on and personal item to take onboard. They are also allowed two free checked bags of 50 pounds each.
Does Alaska Airlines offer amenity kits to First Class passengers?
Alaska does not provide pillows or amenity kits on any of its flights, although First Class guests can still enjoy the availability of blankets.
Which group is First Class on Alaska Airlines?
Group A is considered the First Class on Alaska Airlines.
Does Alaska Airlines offer in-flight entertainment for First Class passengers?
First Class passengers flying with Alaska Airlines won’t find personal monitors onboard. However, they can enjoy the complimentary Alaska Beyond entertainment on their personal devices, granting them access to a vast selection of approximately 800 movies and TV series.