About Lufthansa Airline
Founded on 6th of January in 1953, Deutsche Lufthansa most commonly known as Lufthansa is a German airline which serves 17 domestic destinations and 201 international destinations in 73 Countries. It offers its passengers a wide range of Lufthansa seat selection options along with various satisfactory in-flight entertainment services on board. It has two primary hubs in Frankfurt and Munich airports and also has a motive of becoming a leading name in the world of air travel.
Lufthansa Seat Selection Policy
Lufthansa offers various types of seats such as Standard class, Economy class, Business class, Premium class seats with extra legroom and the option to upgrade meals. There are many facilities as well which are provided by Lufthansa Airlines according to the seat type of the passenger.
In order to know what type of seat you can select, how much you will have to pay for it and other facilities which comes with your seat type, consider reading the policy of Lufthansa Airlines seat selection below :
- If you book your flights from the official site of the airline or book it using miles, offers or any deals and select your preferred seats within 24 hours of your booking, then you don’t have to pay any charges for selecting your seats.
- But if you select your seats after 24 hours of booking your flight then you need to pay a fee for seat selection.
- Also, if you want to make changes in your seat after 24 hours of booking your flight, then also you have to pay the charges which will depend on the time left on the boarding date and the date of changing the seat.
- If you want Lufthansa change seats for you due to any medical issue, you don’t have to pay for it but you need to provide medical certificates to the agents of the airline.
Lufthansa Seat Selection procedure
- You have to visit the official website of Lufthansa.
- Then select the ‘My Bookings’ section on the homepage of the website.
- Fill in your first and last name and booking code.
- Click the ‘Find Bookings’ button.
- A new page will be open with all your booking details.
- Open the seat selection tab, go through the seat assignment Lufthansa and then select the seat from the remaining seats.
- You will get a confirmation message of seat selection on the given contact number and registered email id.
Lufthansa seat selection guidelines
- Keep in mind that Lufthansa seat selection is available only after you confirm the flight booking.
- You can reserve your seat even before starting the journey according to your preference.
- Make sure you make advance seat selection at least 52 hours before the departure of your flight.
- You don’t have to pay an extra charge to select a seat only if your ticket fare permits it.
- If you cancel an already booked non-refundable ticket and you have already paid the seat selection charges, then you will not get any refund from Lufthansa Airlines.
- If the flight is cancelled by the airline, the airline will ask you to initiate the booking procedure again and if a previously selected seat is not available, you can look around for compensation by visiting your itinerary at “My Bookings”.
T&C for Lufthansa seat selection
- Lufthansa Airlines also provides an option of same day flight cancellation if there’s any change in your travel plan.
- After completing the flight booking process, you can easily select your seats and meals.
- If you want to upgrade your seat, you will have to pay an additional charge for seat selection.
- Lufthansa assigns its seats to all members of the family altogether, so if travelling with large groups, you can select your seats after viewing the seating map.
- If you are travelling with your pet on Lufthansa Flights, you can choose seats with extra legroom space.
If you don’t want to select a seat on Lufthansa, then Lufthansa choose seats randomly for you. You can change it by paying a fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Lufthansa allow seat selection?
Yes, Lufthansa seat selection policy allows passengers to select a seat of their choice and get a comfortable experience of flying.They can select seats online or with the help of customer service of the airline.
When can I select a preferred seat on board ?
You can select your seats at the time of booking your flight, after making the booking, at the time of check-in, at the airport kiosk or 24 hours before the departure of your flight. If you want to get off the plane as soon as it lands at the airport, then you should select a preferred seat on board.
How can I book a free seat on Lufthansa?
You can easily book a free seat on Lufthansa only if you book your seat within 24 hours of booking your flight, then only you don’t have to pay any charges for selecting your seats.
When can I select my seats on Lufthansa?
Lufthansa seat selection online process starts after 48 hours of booking the flight and before 24 hours of boarding if you are travelling within the country. For foreign destinations, you can choose your seat after 24 hours of booking and before 12 hours of the boarding time.
Do I need to reserve seats on Lufthansa?
If you reserve your seats early, there’s a high chance of you getting your preferred seats, also it will help you avoid long queues at the seat selection counter.
How much will I have to pay to select a seat on Lufthansa?
According to the Lufthansa seat selection policy, passengers have to pay something around 25 USD to 60 USD for seat selection while travelling with them to any international destination.
How does seating work on Lufthansa?
If you have booked a flight with Lufthansa from their official website and selected the seats and the boarding date is less than in two months, but due to some personal or medical issue you want to make changes in your seat, you can do it without paying any charges. But keep in mind it is only possible if your route remains the same.
What will happen if I don’t select a seat on Lufthansa?
If you don’t select a seat on Lufthansa, you will be given a seat randomly for your flight at the time of check-in. But if you don’t like it, you can change it but for that you have to pay a fee.
What is the procedure of Lufthansa seat selection?
Visit the official website of Lufthansa, select the ‘My Bookings’, fill in your first, last name and booking code, click the ‘Find Bookings’ button. A new page will open with all your booking details. Open the seat selection tab and select the seat from the remaining seats. You will get a confirmation message of seat selection on the given contact number and registered email id.