About Southwest Airlines
Founded on 9th of March in 1967, Southwest Airlines is the world’s largest low cost carrier that flies to 106 domestic destinations and 15 international destinations in 12 countries. Their motive is to connect people to what’s most important in their lives through friendly, reliable and low-cost air travel. It provides passengers with Southwest Lost and Found phone number so that they can use it if they forget any valuable items on flight or in the airport. Also, the passengers of Southwest Airlines can rest assured that their baggage and lost items will be delivered to them safely. If you are someone who keeps forgetting valuable things and leaves them behind at a hotel or on an aeroplane seat, then you must read this content especially if you have booked your flight with Southwest Airlines because Southwest Lost and Found department is one of the best facilities offered by the airline.
Southwest Lost and Found Department
Southwest Airlines resolves all the issues related to the delayed, damaged, missing and lost baggage, so that their passengers can experience hassle free travel. Also their Southwest Lost and Found desk can be easily found at all the airports, if you have lost any item, you can seek assistance from these desks.
What to do and where to go if you have lost an item?
Here, we are going to share what you should do in detail if you have lost an item while travelling with Southwest Airlines.
What to do if you have lost something on the aircraft ?
- If you have lost something on the aircraft, the first thing you have to do is calm yourself then you should stay back and give it a good search, don’t forget to search it in the vicinity of your seat, in overhead lockers and under your seat as well. If you fail to find your item, you should ask for help from flight attendants and cleaning crew.
- If after exiting the aircraft you realise that you have lost an item on board, you should try getting back to the aircraft, make sure you go back to the gate through which you arrived, inform the gate agents about the item you have lost and search for it.
- Also, if you already exited the aircraft and you remember that you have lost an item, you can contact the airline agents and ask them if they can inform someone (flight attendant/cleaning crew) inside the aircraft to look for your lost item.
- Another thing that you can do is file your claim at the Southwest Airlines Lost and Found desk at the airport.
What to do if you have lost something At the Airport?
- If you have lost something at the Airport, you should contact the airline agent as soon as possible before leaving the airport. The airline agent will give his level best to find your lost item, just make sure you provide them with the correct details of your lost item.
- If you have already exited the airport, the only option you are left with is connecting with agents of Southwest Lost and Found Department through calls. Inform them about Southwest lost item and they will start searching for you. You just have to provide your correct mail id along with your phone number to the agents so that they can contact you. Also, if you ask, they will keep updating about the status of your lost item. You can also contact them through the airline’s baggage service office phone number : 214-792-5598.
What to do if you have lost something at the TSA security checkpoint?
If you have lost an item at a TSA security checkpoint, it is possible that it may have been placed at the TSA Lost and Found. You can even find assistance with recovering items from them through their website. It is necessary to note that TSA has their own Lost and Found departments at various airports so you can connect with them.
What to do if you have lost something at an airport restaurant or lounge?
If you have lost something at an airport restaurant, you have to contact them as soon as possible and if you have already exited the airport, you should call them. (You can easily find their numbers on Google)
What is the time limit for Southwest Lost and Found reports/claims ?
- If you want to file a report of your delayed or lost item you have to make sure you don’t cross the deadline issued by the airline. If you do so, the airline won’t be able to help you find your item.
- All the passengers of domestic flights should file a report within 4 hours after their flight’s arrival and the passengers of international flights should file a report no later than 21 calendar days after their flight’s arrival. If they fail to do so, the airline won’t be able to provide them assistance.
How can I file a Southwest Airline Lost and Found Report ?
All the passengers of Southwest Airlines have a wide variety of options to choose from to file a lost and found report. Either they can report it at the baggage service office in the airport’s baggage claim area or at the ticket counter. And if they have already left the airport they have to use Southwest Lost and Found phone number that is (888) 202-1024. When the passengers are done with filing their reports, the airline will provide them a receipt in which they will find a report number and a phone number that they can use to follow up for checking the status of your baggage or lost item.
How can I get Southwest Lost and Found Updates?
Southwest Airlines will keep updating you with the status of your lost item once you are done with filing a delayed/ damaged or lost report. You have to make sure you have provided them with your correct email address and phone number because you will get updates of your lost items on your mail id & on your mobile number.
Some important points to remember
- If you have lost an item, you should file a lost report at the airport as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you provide correct and accurate details of your lost items like (brand name, colour, size, model number)
- The airline will search for your lost items for 30 days, if they find it, you will get notified through the mail id and phone number provided by you, if the lost item is a checked bag, the airline will send it to your preferred address(free of charge) or you can also get it by yourself. And if it is a carry-on item you have to get it by yourself.
- If the airline couldn’t find your lost item within 30 days then it will be presumed untraceable and they will inform you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Southwest Airlines offer a Lost and Found department?
Southwest Airlines has Lost and Found desks at all airports it serves. If you are unable to find it, you can report your lost item at Southwest’s airport ticket counter.
What is the Southwest Lost and Found phone number?
The Southwest Lost and Found phone number is (888) 202-1024.
How do I contact the Southwest Lost and Found department?
You have various options to contact the Southwest Lost and Found department. You can go to Southwest Lost and Found desks available at all airports, the airport’s Baggage service office or to the airline’s ticket counter.
What should I do if I left something on a Southwest flight?
If you left something on a Southwest flight and haven’t exited the aircraft, you should search it on your own, if needed, you should ask help from flight attendants and notify customer service agents at Southwest Airlines baggage service office in the baggage claim section of the airport. If you have already exited the aircraft you must call 1-855-234-4654.
How do I report a missing item on Southwest?
You can report a missing item on Southwest physically at the Southwest Lost and Found desks at all airports, at Southwest Baggage service office which is located near the Baggage claim area at the airport or at the ticket counter. Also, you can report a missing item by calling at : 888-202-1024.
How will the airline send me my lost item?
Southwest Airlines will send you your lost item ( checked baggage) on your preferred address free of cost. But if it is the carry-on item then either you can get it delivered to your home by paying a cost or you can get it yourself from the airport.
What accurate information do I need to provide on a Lost and Found Claim?
You should provide each and every detail of your lost item such as its colour, size, model name and identification mark, if there’s any.
Does the Southwest Lost and Found policy apply to unaccompanied minors and passengers travelling with pets?
Yes, Southwest Lost and Found policy applies to all its passengers whether they are unaccompanied minors or not, whether they are travelling with pets or not.
How do I find my lost item/baggage report number?
You will find your lost item/baggage report number in the middle of your lost/delayed report receipt, under customer Baggage Report Information.
What if my lost items are never found?
If the airline couldn’t find your lost item within 30 days then it will be presumed untraceable and they will inform you about it.