About Aer Lingus
Too much stress about cancelling your flights? Cancelling flight can be quite a headache even more so when you have to pay for it. However, you need a simple guide to avoid additional cancellation charges. That’s why we have a comprehensive guide to Aer Lingus Cancellation Policy for you to understand. From now onwards, you can plan your trips without the fear of getting charged for cancellation.
Aer Lingus is the flag carrier of Ireland with its head office on the grounds of Dublin Airport in Cloghran, County Dublin. The airline was founded by the Irish government and was later privatised between 2006 and 2015. Now, the airline is solely a member of International Airlines Group (IAP). The airline operates with 54 aircrafts on 93 destinations throughout Asia, Europe and North America including Germany, France, United Kingdom and United States.
It is highly imperative for airlines to provide customers with flight change flexibility. That’s why Aer Lingus ensures a flexible cancellation clause under Aer Lingus flight cancellation policy to make your journey more easy.
Main Highlights of Aer Lingus Cancellation Policy
- Aer Lingus cancellation policy depends on the fare type and cabin class booked by the passengers.
- All the Aer Lingus booking cancellation should be done up to two hours before the scheduled departure to be eligible for refund.
- In case of voluntary cancellation by the airline, passengers will receive the value of the ticket as refund in original payment within 7 days.
- Passengers must request for a refund before the expiration of their ticket.
- If passengers cancel a flight with multiple itinerary, then it is treated as change flight and incur a change fee and increased fares as per Aer Lingus flight change policy.
- In some cases, refunds may incur an additional fee depending on fare type and destination.
- If a passenger has purchased the flight ticket from a third party app, then they must get that cancellation from their end only.
- All refunds will be processed in the original form of payment used for purchasing the ticket.
- Once cancelled, the booking cannot be instated.
- Services and fares already provided cannot be refunded after cancelling.
Aer Lingus 24 hour Cancellation
If a passenger wants to cancel their flight then consider cancelling it within 24-hour of purchase to avoid any additional cancellation charge as per regulation of 24 hour cancellation and refund policy for flights to/from the U.S. However, there are some additional rules applicable to this Aer Lingus flight cancellation policy.
- Passengers are allowed to cancel their flight within 24 hours only if the scheduled departure is 7 days after the reservation.
- The flight ticket should be an independent booking.
- After cancellation, passengers can receive their full refund within 7 business days.
Aer Lingus Cancellation Policy Due to Bereavement
The airline understands the criticality of losing someone. That’s why Aer Lingus has a specific policy in case of bereavement.
- If a passenger requests for cancellation due to an immediate family or companions death, then the passenger is eligible to receive a refund.
- Passengers can submit the refund request along with a copy of the death certificate inorder to receive the refund in the original form of payment.
- Under Aer Lingus cancellation policy, the immediate family only includes, spouse, parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren, sisters, mother-in-laws, father-in-laws, nephews, niece and aunts.
Aer Lingus Cancellation Policy Due to Illness
The airlines also have specific regulations in case a passenger or immediate family falls ill before the flight.
- If a passenger has consumed a part of the ticket then the ticket cannot be cancelled.
- However, according to the policy, the passenger can extend the travel date in the same class of service till 3 months.
- In such cases, passengers should provide valid proof such as a medical certificate.
- However, if a passenger has a completely unused ticket including both refundable and non-refundable, then passengers can claim full refund as per Aer Lingus flight cancellation policy.
- In case of refundable ticket while in case of non-refundable ticket, passengers will get travel credit for future travel.
Aer Lingus Flight Cancelled or Delay Policy
Due to unforeseen situations, the airline can change your scheduled flight. If you have booked your flight directly from the airline, then you will be notified by the airlines as soon as the changes take place.
- In case, the rescheduled flight is 2 or more hours late than the original flight and passengers miss a connecting flight on the same booking due to delay, then passengers are eligible to receive full refund or alternate flight without any additional cost as per Aer Lingus flight cancellation policy.
- In case, the airline voluntarily cancels the flight due to shortage of staff, technical error, weather, ATC clearance then passenger is entitled to receive refund on the cancelled flight.
Aer Lingus Cancelled Flight Refund
The Aer Lingus refund for cancelled flights depends on several factors like fare types, cabin class, destinations and even the time between scheduled departure and revocation. As for the fare types, Aer Lingus has several fares in economy and premium economy class.
- Saver or SmartFares
- Advantages, Aerospace and Flex Fare
- Business Fare
- Business Flex Fare
Saver or Smart fares
Aer Lingus flight cancelled flight refund does not apply to saver or Smartfares. However, the 24 hours free cancellation does apply to this fare type regardless as per Aer Lingus cancellation policy. In case of any cancellation, passengers have to pay 21 USD as cancellation charge.
Advantages, Aerospace or Flex Fare
The airline offers a flexible cancellation policy to passengers with Advantages, AeroSpace and Flex fare. Passengers can cancel their flight up to 2 hours before scheduled departure to receive a full refund.
This fare type allows passengers to exercise fulla advantage of cancellation policy. Passengers with business class fare can cancel their reservation anytime before scheduled flight departure to receive full refund. In this fare, Aer Lingus cancellation refund will be processed after the deduction of 15 percent and government taxes from the value of the ticket as per Aer Lingus refund policy.
Business Flex Fare
Passengers with Business Flex fare can get a full refund in case of cancellation. In this fare, passengers can cancel the flight anytime prior to scheduled flight departure.
Aer Lingus Flight Cancellation Compensation
Passengers are eligible to receive compensation in case of flight cancellation or delay under Cancellation policy. However, compensation is only available in certain situations.
- Aer Lingus cancelled flights due to bad weather and any natural calamity.
- Passengers are also eligible to receive compensation for cancellation due to any state emergency.
- Aer Lingus can cancel flights due to security concerns prior to boarding.
- Passengers are also eligible to receive compensation if their flight is delayed due to mechanical issues.
Aer Lingus Flight Compensation for Delays
As per Aer Lingus Cancellation policy, any passenger can apply for a full refund of the ticket cost if the flight is cancelled due to scheduled delays. In case of delays, passengers are eligible to receive compensation as per the policy. The compensation solely depends on the distance between the origin and destination.
- All flights with distance less than 1500 km are classified to receive $270.
- All flights with distance between 1500-3500 km are classified to receive $430.
- All flights with a distance more than 3500 km are classified to receive $650.
How to Cancel the Aer Lingus Flight
There are several ways to cancel the Aer Lingus flight. You can either use the online method which is more feasible and convenient or you can cancel your flight through an offline method which means you have to cancel it at the airport.
- Go to the Aer Lingus official website.
- Look for the “Manage Booking” tab on the homepage
- Click on it to proceed with your reservation information including last name, and book reference number and ticket number.
- Once adding necessary information, click on proceed to retrieve your booking details.
- Cancel the booking and pay the Aer Lingus cancellation fee, if needed.
- Lastly, you will receive the confirmation of cancellation via email.
Through Mobile App
- Install the official Aer Lingus app from the Google (Android) or Apple (IOS) app store.
- Open the app and login in using your Aer Lingus credentials.
- Once logged in, navigate to find the “Manage Booking” tab to access the flight booking.
- Then add your booking details to retrieve the reservation.
- Cancel the booking and pay the cancellation fees, if needed.
- Lastly, you will receive the confirmation of cancellation via email.
- Dial change flight or customer care number of the airline to initiate the cancellation process.
- Provide the airline representative with your reservation details consisting of booking ID and ticket number and last name under Aer Lingus flight cancellation policy.
- After your input, the representative will proceed with the flight cancellation. If required, pay the cancellation fee and get a confirmed cancellation email.
Aer Lingus provides connectivity between South, North and Central America. The airline ensures to give you a comfortable and affordable flight experience through its multiple fare option. Along with multiple fare options, Aer Lingus has a flexible cancellation policy that ensures to offer every customer the liberty to cancel and plan their trip. However, there are additional charges applicable on cancellations of flights as well. But you can avoid those atrocious cancellation fees through research about their policy. That’s why read this Aer Lingus Cancellation Policy to save yourself from stressful cancellation procedures and refund chaos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cancel my Aer Lingus flight?
Yes, you can cancel your Aer Lingus flight without any cancellation charge only if you are cancelling it within 24-hour of purchase.
Will I get a refund after I cancel my flight?
According to Aer Lingus refund policy, you are eligible to receive a refund only if you have cancelled your flight within 24 hours of purchase.
What is the cancellation fee in Aer Lingus?
The cancellation fee in Aer Lingus depends on the fare types the customer has purchased. Also, the cabin class and destination are another ruling factors to determine cancellation fee.
Can I cancel my flight with Aer Lingus at the airport?
Yes, you can cancel your flight at the airport, however, you might not receive a full refund for your ticket and might also have to pay a cancellation fee.
When does my Aer Lingus voucher expire?
Aer Lingus credit vouchers good for future travel usually expire after one year of its issuance.
How do I cancel my Aer Lingus flight without any cancellation fee?
All customers are eligible to cancel their flight without cancellation fee only if the cancellation is done within a 24-hour of risk free period.
Does Aer Lingus give refunds for cancelled flights ?
Aer Lingus ensures refunds to customers only if the cancellation follows the Aer Lingus cancelation policy.
How much does it cost to cancel an Aer Lingus flight offline?
If a passenger is cancelling an Aer Lingus flight at the airport, then you likely have to pay a minimal cost as a cancellation fee. However, the cancellation fee also depends on fare types, destination and time left prior to departure.
What is Aer Lingus 24-hour cancellation policy ?
Passengers can cancel their flight within 24-hour of purchase to avoid any additional cancellation charge. Also, the cancellation is only valid if the departure is scheduled after 7 days.
Does Aer Lingus offer alternate flights in case of cancellation?
If the Airline is responsible for cancellation then the customer will receive a refund or alternate flight.