About Emirates Airline
Expecting a change of plan while travelling with Emirates? Worried about paying extra bucks on changing flights? Can you get flight change for free with Emirates? These are some of the most recurring thoughts when one experiences a change of plans while travelling with Emirates. That’s why it is very important for you to understand the Emirates Change flight policy to ensure a hassle-free travel experience.
Emirates Airlines is one of the two flag carriers of the United Arab Emirates. The airline is based in Garhoud, Dubai and operates from Dubai International Airport. Emirates is also known as the largest passenger carrier in the Middle East. Emirates is currently operating on more than 150 destinations in 80 countries across all continents through its fleet size of more than 264 aircrafts.
Emirates Change Flight Policy
Emirates ensures to provide flexible policy to its customers to make their flight journey more convenient.
- Emirates allows passengers to cancel or change their flight within the 24-hour risk free time period without any additional fee according to Emirates flight change policy.
- Emirates also allows you to change your flight to the same destination, in the same cabin class and on the same booking Id without incurring extra fees under a certain period.
- If the fare is slightly higher than the original booking, you will have to pay the fare difference.
- On the contrary, Emirates does not provide any refund if the changed fare is lower than the original fare.
- As per the policy, passengers are also allowed to change their flight up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure after paying a certain change fee.
- The airline does not permit flight change if the passenger has already checked-in for the flight as per Emirates flight change policy.
- Check the deadline of the booking before rescheduling or modifying the ticket within 11 months of the original booking.
Emirates Flight Change Policy for Reward Tickets
The flight change policy in Emirates Airlines depends on several factors including fare types and destination. With every fare type, you can experience some restrictions or perks.
- Special Fare
This is known as the most restricted fare type in Emirates. In this fare, you cannot change your flight unless done in the risk-free period.
- Saver Fare
You may have options to modify your reservation’s travel date or make a few adjustments after paying a certain change fee.
- Flex Fare
As per Emirates change flight policy, this fare allows you to modify your booking without any restriction, however there are certain change fees applicable to exercise the flexibility.
- Flex Plus Fare
This fare is ideal for travellers who want complete freedom to make changes to their plans anytime. There is no restriction or change fee on modification in this fare.
Emirates 24 hour Change Policy
Emirates 24-hour flight change policy allows you to change, modify and reschedule your booking within 24 hours without any additional change fee. However, there are some intricate terms and conditions to use this policy.
- Under this policy, the flight should be operated by Emirates only.
- Emirates flight change policy generally applies to both refundable and non-refundable bookings.
- Passengers are required to pay the fare difference if the latest flight is more expensive than the original one.
- This policy also allows passengers to cancel their reservation if they are unsure of their travel plan.
- Emirates Skyward fares are not permitted for flight changes within 24 hours of reservation.
Emirates Flight Change Policy for Vacation Packages
Passengers planning to travel for vacation ideal purchase vacation bookings that include flights, hotel reservations simultaneously. However, some may have unforeseen reasons to change their vacation time. That’s why for those customers, Emirates has a flexible Emirates change flight date policy that allows passengers to reschedule their vacation time.
- Emirates urges passengers to reach out for flight change via email.
- Changing an existing booking may incur change fee per passenger which is also applicable considering additional rates changes, extra cost and charges imposed by the vendors.
- No change fee is applicable for the flight change.
- In case, if the passengers wants to change the travel arrangement within 14 days of departure, it will be treated as a cancellation request.
- Under this policy, cancellation and change fee may differ based on the tour operator or service delivery vendor.
Change Emirates Flight Dates
Emirates flight change allows you to change your flight dates through a few easy methods. You can either change the flight via online method or through the mobile app or by contacting Emirates customer support team.
- Go to the Emirates official website.
- Look for the “Manage Booking” tab on the homepage. Click on it to proceed with your reservation information including last name, and book reference number and ticket number.
- Once adding necessary information, click on proceed to retrieve your booking details.
- On the booking management page, locate the flight you wish to change and click on it.
- Look for alternate available flights and check if the seats are available on your desired flight as per Emirates flight change policy.
- Select the new flight on your preferred date and click on “ Change Flight”.
- Review flight details of the new booking including the date of departure and additional fare difference or fee.
- If there is a fare difference, proceed to pay the difference of fare to confirm the booking.
- After payment proceeds, you will receive a confirmation email from the airline with updated booking details.
Through Mobile App
- Install the official Emirates app from the Google (Android) or Apple (IOS) app store.
- Open the app and login in using your Emirates Skyward account credentials. If you don’t have one, you can create that on the app itself.
- Once logged in, navigate to find the “Manage Booking” tab to access the flight booking.
- Then add your original booking details to retrieve the reservation.
- Search for alternate flights and proceed to change the flight.
- In case of fare difference, pay the difference of fare and confirm the booking.
- Lastly, you will receive confirmation email from the airlines regarding the updated booking.
Contacting the Emirates Customer Support
Visit the official website of the Airlines and search for the contact details with respect to your country specific customer services number. Dial the number and follow the below steps.
- Once connected with a customer services representative, provide your booking details including reference id and ticket number.
- Request the representative to change your flight to your preferred date.
- The airline representative will guide you through the process and will check for available flight options, inform you about fares or Emirates change fees and will assist you with the best deals.
- After your approval, the representative will change your booking to a new one and lastly, you will receive email confirmation regarding your updated flight details.
Emirates Schedule Change Policy
Emirates Airlines is known for maintaining a disciplined flight schedule. However, there may be circumstances where Emirates needs to change/modify the departure time, departure airport, terminal even after the issuance of the ticket.
To stay updated make sure to provide the airline with your valid contact number so that they can inform you about any change in flight schedule.
However, if Emirates makes changes to the departure time or airport that is unacceptable to you, then you can claim Emirates change flight refund. And if they are unable to offer you any alternate flight, then you can claim compensation against your ticket.
Emirates Flight Change Fee
Emirates Change fee depends on several factors including dates, time and route of departure. That’s why it’s always good to check the terms and conditions of your ticket before booking it. However, there is an approximate range of change fee charged by Emirates that starts from $180 for travel within 14 days of departure to $200 for travel within 7 days of departure. The change fee also depends on the fare type and cabin class. However, people travelling on Flex Plus tickets can change their itinerary without any Emirates change fee.
Change Free For Cabin Class
Change Fee for Saver and Business Saver Fare
Change Fee for Flex Fare
Change Free for Change in Flight Date
Emirates date change fee depends on passengers route, travel class and fare type. It can range from $75-$400.
It can be extremely bothersome when it comes to changing travel plans and it is equally tedious to change flight. With the added change fee, the idea of changing flights can be a little dubious. However, Emirates Change Flight policy allows you to change your flight hassle-free within 24-hour of booking without any additional cost. Thus, Emirates is known for offering smooth and reliable services to its customer and that’s why you can experience a smooth and convenient flight journey with the airlines
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my Emirates Airways flight for free?
Yes, you can adjust your flight itinerary with Emirates Airways. You may do this and avoid paying additional costs if you change your flight within 24 hours of making your purchase. Additionally, if you want to change your Emirates Airways trip within 24 hours, you must have bought the ticket one week before the departure time.
How much does it cost to change a flight with Emirates Airways?
By visiting the official website, travellers may proceed with the necessary modifications to their trips. The cost to modify a flight on Emirates Airways starts at USD 75 per ticket – USD 450. This depends on the modification and the amount of time left before the actual flight departure along with fare type and cabin class.
How much time do you have to modify your flight?
As per the policy, passengers are also allowed to change their flight up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure after paying a certain change fee.
How to change Emirates Airways flight date online?
To make necessary flight date changes, you must visit the official website. From there, passengers can use the “Manage Booking” feature to proceed further.
How do I change details of the trip after completing booking?
You can change your booking details through ManageBooking available on the official website or mobile app of the airlines. It is important to know that the changes are only permitted if your ticket is eligible for it. You might have to pay certain additional change fee charges depending on your fare conditions.
Will I have to pay any fees for changing my ticket?
Some fee may be applicable depending upon the fare types, date and time and cabin class of the ticket purchased.
Can I make changes online on partially utilised tickets?
Yes, depending on the fare conditions of your ticket, you can make necessary changes online through “Manage Booking” even if you have flown parts of your ticket.
What happens if the price is increased after making changes in the original flight?
In case, if the fare of the changed flight is increased more than the original, then you will have to pay the fare difference to confirm the updated booking.
What happens to my seat and meal selection in case of flight change?
If you have voluntarily changed your flight then the original selection will be null and void. You’ll have to make selections again for the new flight. You can do so by going to the booking tab available on the official website and mobile app of Emirates.
Is it possible to change the date of travel on Emirates?
Yes, you can change the date of travel on Emirates without additional cost given that you are making the changes within 24 hours of making the booking. You can also change the flight after a 24 hour-risk free period by paying change fee depending on your fare type and cabin class.