About Silver Airways
If you are planning to fly domestic in the U.S, then you should choose Silver Airways that offers multiple domestic flights.
Silver Airways is a regional airline operating primarily in the United States. Its headquarters is in Hollywood, Florida near Fort Lauderdale. Silver Airlines was founded in 2011 and was created from the assets of former Gulfstream International Airlines. The airline currently operates scheduled flights from its hubs at Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa and San Juan, Puerto Rico. The airline currently offers flight services to the rural airports in the United States.
Silver Airways features the ATR series that offers the widest cabin in the regional aircraft market. The airline has chosen the model carefully to offer ergonomic design along with lightweight slim seats for short haul Silver Airways flight. The airline chose to offer its customers an unparalleled flight experience, reliability, along with a the most advanced cockpit for pilots.
Features of Cabin
The airline has chosen the ATR series for various purposes which includes the fact that they are consistently more environmentally-friendly than any other airline fleet. Pilots can experience a delightful flight in the cockpit that features the latest innovations and simplified technology. Furthermore, the cockpit is designed with all glass to reduce flight crew workload and enhance situational awareness. Also, it offers a better flight journey to passengers where they can experience utmost comfort on the 32 inch pitch Silver Airways seats with more legroom than other airlines. In addition to this, the ATR-600 fleet offers full size overhead to adjust carry-on baggage. The fleet also features full size lavatories, bright LED lights and better sound eliminating cabin.
Silver Airways Baggage Allowance
It is imperative to know the exact baggage allowance before you start packing. Silver Airways has a standard baggage allowance policy which allows passengers who want to travel with multiple bags. However, there are certain guidelines that one needs to follow to avoid unnecessary baggage charges.
- You must deposit your baggage at the gate while boarding the flight. You will receive your luggage after landing on the destination.
- As per Silver Airways baggage policy, every passenger in Silver can carry one personal and one carry-on baggage.
- Passengers are allowed to carry a laptop bag, handbag, camera bag, briefcase and small instruments as personal items.
- For personal items, travellers can carry a mini version of the bag. The personal items are requested to be kept either in the overhead bins or under the seat of the passenger.
- There is no limit on the weight of the personal item. However, the airline advises that the personal item should be kept under the seat.
Passengers are allowed to carry 50 pounds (23 kg) and a total dimension of 62 inches (157cm) as checked baggage as per Silver Airways baggage allowance. Passengers will have to purchase the checked baggage allowance depending on the destination. Thats why, the airlines advises travellers to adhere to the baggage policy to avoid any additional chargers.
As per Silver Airways carry-on baggage, the carry-on baggage must not exceed the measurement 9 inches(22cm) x 14 inches width (35 cm) x 22 inches length (55cm) including handles and wheels. However, if a carry-on baggage exceeds the prescribed dimensions and weight then the bag will be considered as a checked baggage The airline allows duffle bags and small roller luggages that will fit in the overhead bins.
Silver Airways has a certain baggage fee for certain routes. Also, passengers who are travelling with checked baggage can purchase the same either from the airport counter or through the airline website.
For travel within the United States and originating from St. Croix and St. Thomas
|1st Checked Baggage
|2nd Checked Baggage
|Ft. Lauderdale-Key West
|Orlando – Pensacola
|Tampa – Pensacola
|Other domestic routes
For travel between the United States and the Bahamas and to Caribbean
|1st Checked Baggage
|2nd Checked Baggage
|Ft Lauderdale -Freeport, Marsh, Harbour
|San Juan – Santiago, St.Kitts, Dominica
Overweight Baggage Fee
As per Silver Airways baggage policy, if a passenger is carrying overweight or oversized baggage then you will have to pay additional charges depending on the baggage.
|Third Checked baggage
|Overweight baggage (51-70 lbs/ 62 linear )
|Checked baggage fee + $50
|Oversized baggage (62-115 inches)
|Checked baggage fee + $100
|Overweight baggage (70-100 lbs)
|Checked baggage fee + $100
|Checked baggage + overweight fee
Silver Airways Check-in Facilities
Silver Airlines check-in policy is quite flexible and offers multiple ways to check-in. Passengers can check-in 24 hours to three hours before the scheduled departure. The easiest way to check-in is via the official website of the airline or you can complete check-in at the airport. However, there are certain regulations before Silver Airways check-in that passengers need to follow.
- According to Silver Airways, infants must have their own ticket number unless stated otherwise.
- Unaccompanied minors of age between 2-11 years of age should be accompanied by an adult travelling on the same reservation.
- Children under the age 13 need to be accompanied by a companion of age at least 18 years old.
- Passengers are advised to reach the airport at least 3 hours before to complete check-in and submit baggage timely.
- As per Silver Airways check-in policy, online check-in starts at least 24 hours before scheduled flight departure.
- You can check-in through the official website or simply use the Silver Airways mobile application.
- All you need to do is download the application from IOS Play Store or from Apple Store. Online check-in enables customers to choose their desired seat as per their requirement.
- For flights within the United States, the check-in closes 45 minutes before the departure of the flight.
- For flights between the US and the Caribbean, Bahamas, US Virgin Island, Dominica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, the check-in is 60 minutes before the scheduled flight.
Travellers who prefer to check-in at the airport can either use the self-service kiosk check-in or directly check-in at the airport.
- The airline advises its passengers to reach the airport at least 2 hours before the scheduled Silver Airways flight.
- The check-in starts 2 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
- Travellers can seek assistance from the staff present at the check-in counter at the airport related to anything from check-in, baggage, seat selection and more.
Silver Airways Cancellation and Refund Policy
Silver Airlines ensures to offer its passengers a comprehensive and flexible cancellation guide.
- According to Silver Airlines cancellation policy, the passengers can theri flight within 24 hours of making the reservation without paying any additional cancellation fee. However, this is only applicable for the bookings made at least 7 days prior to scheduled departure.
- Passengers will have to pay cancellation fees after the risk-free cancellation is over as per Silver Airways cancellation policy.
- The airline advises customers to cancel their reservation in the same way they have booked it.
- Refunds will only be given on refundable tickets. In the case of non-refundable tickets, no refund will be granted as per Silver Airways refund policy.
- If a passenger has made reservations, they can cancel one without the need for a risk-free window. However, the airlines will only allow the ticket with low airfare for cancellation.
- Passengers who have cancelled their flight within 24 hours of making a reservation will receive a full refund. Also, the booking has been made at least 7 days prior to scheduled departure as per the Silver Airways flight cancellation policy.
- The cancellation refund usually takes 7 to 20 business days.
- The airline refunds the original value of the ticket through the original payment method only in which it was booked.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cancel my Silver Airways ticket for free?
Yes, passengers are allowed to cancel their flight for free as long as they cancel their reservation within 24 hours of making it. Also, the reservation should be made at least 7 days prior to the actual departure of the flight. As per Silver Airways cancellation policy, if a passenger fails to cancel their flight within the free-window, then they have to pay 90 USD as cancellation fee. However, incase of refundable tickets, passengers can cancel their flight 1 hour before departure without any cancellation fee.
What is the cancellation fee of Silver Airways?
There is no cancellation if the reservation is cancelled within 24 hours of booking given that it has been made 7 days prior to the scheduled departure. However, after the lapse of free-window, passengers will have to pay $50-$100 depending on their flight destination and route.
Does Silver Airways have a 24 hour cancellation policy?
Yes, Silver Airways does have a 24-hour cancellation policy which ensures a full refund if the booking has been cancelled within 24 hours of making it.
How to get a Silver Airways refund?
Refunds can only be claimed for refundable tickets and for those reservations that were cancelled within the free-window. You can request for a refund via manage booking on the official website or call the airline’s customer service to initiate a refund.
Does Silver Airways refund cancelled flights?
Yes, if the flight has been cancelled voluntarily by the airline, then you can claim a full refund for the flight.
How do you cancel a Silver Airways flight?
You can cancel your flight via online method if your ticket is fully refundable.
What happens if a Silver Airways flight is cancelled?
According to Silver Airways flight refund policy, the airline is liable to pay monetary compensation for cancelled flights. However, the airlines will also compensate the passengers of the original flight with an alternate flight.
How to check-in for Silver Airways flights?
There are two ways to complete the Silver Airways online check-in either through the airline’s website or through the mobile app.
Are there any fees associated with checked baggage?
If a passenger is carrying overweight or oversized baggage then you will have to pay additional charges depending on the baggage. Silver Airways allows passengers to carry one personal item and carry-on bag for free. However, passengers will have to purchase checked baggage allowance either via the website or at the airport counter.
What is the maximum baggage weight for checked baggage?
The checked baggage allowance depends on the routes and destinations purchased by the traveller. As per the checked baggage allowance in Silver Airways, passengers are allowed to carry 50 pounds (23 kg) and a total dimension of 62 inches (157cm) as checked baggage. Passengers will have to purchase the checked baggage allowance depending on the destination.