About Swiss Airlines
Do you know what’s worse than pricey tickets on flights? Cancelling those tickets and bearing the load to continuously squabble about refunds and compensation with the airlines. And let’s not forget the hefty cancellation fees on top of it. Hence, it is always better to book your flight if you are sure about your trip or cancel as soon as you know you can’t make it to the trip to avoid paying a hefty amount as a cancellation fee. Swiss Air Cancellation policy allows you to cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking it without any cancellation fee.
Swiss International Airlines also known as Swiss Air Lines is the official flag carrier of Switzerland and a subsidiary of the Lufthansa group. Headquartered at EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg near Basel, the airline currently operates on 120 destinations with 88 aircrafts in its fleet. It serves destinations in Europe, North America, South America, Africa and Asia. Zurich airport is its main hub while Geneva Airport is its focus city.
Swiss International Air Cancellation Guide
There is no point denying that just like our travel cancellations are as frequent as our travel plans. That’s why it is essential to be aware of the Swiss Air Lines refund policy and cancellation policy.
- The Swiss Air cancellation policy is only applicable to those bookings made directly from the airline’s booking portal, Swiss Air customer service or at Swiss Air airport counter.
- Swiss Air cancellation refund and cancellation applies to one-way, round-trip, and open jaw fares.
- The policy also applies to refundable and nonrefundable tickets irrespective of the fare type they have been purchased in.
- Every ticket in Swiss Air is applicable for 24 hours free cancellation policy irrespective of cabin class and fare type.
SWISS Air Lines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
- All SWISS flight ticket holders can cancel their flight within 24-hours of booking without any penalty and they are eligible for complete refund, irrespective of their fare type under Swiss Air Lines cancelation policy.
- If you cancel your SWISS flight outside the 24-hour window, you will be charged a cancellation fee depending on the arrival and departing airport.
- Also, if you cancel your SWISS Air Lines flight within 24 hours of booking, you are eligible for a full refund if your flight’s departure is at least 7 days later than the time of booking.
- The SWISS Air Lines 24- hour cancellation policy is applicable to only flight tickets booked directly through SWISS Airlines. If you have booked with a third-party agent, you need to contact them.
Cancellation Policy for Refundable & Non-Refundable Ticket
The airline’s cancellation policy depends on various factors, including the fare type and route as per Swiss Air cancellation policy. A passenger may be eligible for a complete or partial refund, if the cancellation is either done within the 24-hour window or the airline cancels the flight.
- If you cancel the ticket within 24 hours, you are eligible for a complete refund, and you do not have to pay any cancellation fee, irrespective of the type of ticket as long as the departure date is at least seven days later.
- If the airline cancels the flight or denies boarding to a passenger or changes the schedules, which causes the passenger to miss a connecting flight or any kind of inconvenience, then the airline is liable to provide compensation to the affected passengers irrespective of the airfare.
- As per Swiss Air Lines refund policy, non-refundable tickets are not applicable for any sort of refund if cancelled after 24 hours of risk free period. However, airlines may offer travel credit or vouchers for future travel in some cases.
- Both refundable and non-refundable ticket holders are liable to pay a cancellation fee.
SWISS Air Delay and Compensation Policy
It is integral for passengers to know what they are entitled to when their flight is being delayed or cancelled. There are instances when airlines voluntarily cancel their flight due to numerous reasons such as extreme weather, shortage of staff, technical issues, ATC Clearance, and even traffic control strikes. As per Swiss Air cancellation policy, with respect to EU Regulation 261/2004, if your flight is departing from an EU airport or arriving at a EU airport on an EU carrier and cancellation is within the control of the airline, then you are eligible for compensation. However, this policy is only valid under below mentioned conditions.
- All passengers departing from or arriving at any EU airport or anywhere in Switzerland.
- This policy is only valid to those who have confirmed booking.
- This policy applies to those who have already checked-in for their fight before the check-in deadline.
- This policy also applies to all fares available on the public domains.
In case of delays, as per Swiss Air Lines refund policy, its airlines responsibility to facilitate passengers with additional facilities like:
- Swiss will offer meals and refreshment should be given based on the waiting time.
- The airline will offer accommodation incase of overnight delay.
- Also, its passengers are duly have the right to have 2 phone calls, emails or fax in case of departure.
SWISS Air Cancelled Flight and Compensation Policy
If your Swiss Air flight has been cancelled then you are eligible to receive a full refund or alternate flight from the airline to your destination. The compensation amount of cancelled flight will depend on the distance of your original flight destination and the alternate flight offered as per Swiss Air Lines refund policy.
- The passenger receives € 250 as compensation on a flight which travels up to 1500 km.
- For flights between 1500-3,500 km, and for flights within Europe of more than 1500 km, the amount will be € 400.
- For flights of more than 3,500 km, the compensable amount will be € 600.
How to Cancel SWISS Air Lines Flight
You can easily cancel your SWISS Air Lines flight by simply visiting the airline’s official website or at the airport’s ticket counter. The airline will charge € 100 to € 350 depending on the domestic and international flights cancelled after 24 hours of booking as per Swiss Air cancellation policy. To learn how to cancel your booking, read below:
Cancel Flight Ticket Online
- Visit SWISS Air Lines site and Log in with your credentials
- Click on ‘Manage Booking’, where you can see your reservation
- Enter the confirmation number and the passenger’s name
- Click on the booking that you need to cancel
- Click on cancellation button and confirm cancellation
- Once the airline approves your cancellation, you will receive a confirmation mail from the airline
Cancel Flight Ticket Offline
- For offline cancellation, call on SWISS AirLines phone number +1 (516) 738 4422
- When you connect with a SWISS AirLines customer representative, provide them with all vital information.
- Once you provide all the details, the representative will evaluate your eligibility for cancellation and refund mentioned in the Swiss AirLine refund policy.
- If you are eligible, your flight will be cancelled quickly and the refund will be initiated (if eligible).
SWISS Air Refund Policy
Under SWISS Air Lines refund policy, a complete refund is possible under the below circumstances:
- If you have a refundable ticket, then the airline will provide a complete refund for the unused part of the ticket.
- If the airline cancels your flight without providing any alternate flight, then you will receive a complete refund for the unused part.
- Non-Refundable tickets will get travel credit for future use.
- You will be eligible for a refund if the scheduled departure time at your departure airport is brought forward by more than an hour or delayed by at least two hours as per Swiss Air Lines refund policy.
- The actual arrival time is delayed by two hours.
- The actual departure time is changed on the current day or the following day by more than five hours, in case of short-term flight disruptions.
How to Claim Refund From SWISS Air?
Passengers can claim their refund from the website itself. The official website of SWISS Air Lines has a refund form which you need to fill and send to the airline for processing. Follow the below mentioned steps and get your refund within 7 days of submitting the form.
- Open the official website and click on the Refund section under Customer support.
- Find the refund request form manually and fill it
- Add your flight number, passenger last name before submitting the form.
SWISS Air Cancellation Fee
As per Swiss Air Lines cancellation policy, the amount charged by SWISS Air Lines as cancellation fee is subject to various circumstances, including the type of ticket purchased and the departing and arriving airports.
- Flex ticket holders can cancel or make changes in their reservation without incurring any additional fee.
- If Standard ticket holders cancel or make changes in their reservation, they have to pay between € 100 to € 250 as cancellation or change fee, depending on the route and cancellation fee.
- Economy ticket holders are charged between € 150 to € 350 as cancellation or change fee.
Moreover, the cancellation fee also depends on the time between scheduled departure and time of revocation as per Swiss Air cancellation policy.
|Within 24 hours of cancellation
|No fees applicable
|After 24 hours but less than 48 after booking
|€20 – €50
|After 48 hours but less than 7 days before departure
|€50 – €200
|More than 7 days remaining before departure
|Full refund on base fare
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I cancel my SWISS flight?
You can either cancel your SWISS flight online directly at the airline’s website or by calling the airline’s customer support number.
What is the cancellation policy of SWISS Air?
Passengers with valid SWISS Air tickets are eligible to cancel their SWISS flight at least two hours prior to the scheduled departure. However, the eligibility to claim compensation depends on fare type, routes, and time of booking and cancellation.
Can I get a full refund from SWISS Air?
You can claim a complete refund from SWISS Air if you cancel your flight within 24-hours of booking, or you have a refundable ticket, or the airline cancels your flight or denies you boarding.
What is the penalty for cancellation of a flight ticket?
SWISS Air levies a charge of € 100 to € 350 as cancellation fee, in case a passenger cancels the flight outside the 24-hour window.
How do I know if my flight is refundable?
If you want to book a refundable ticket, set a filter for refundable flight results while searching for a flight online. You can also check on your reservation page to confirm if the ticket is refundable or non-refundable.
What is the 24-hour SWISS Airlines rule?
According to SWISS Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy, passengers can cancel their flight free of cost and also receive a complete refund, if they cancel the flight within 24-hours of booking and the departure date is at least seven days later at the time of booking.
How long does it take to get a refund when you cancel a flight?
It takes around seven to ten business days to receive a refund, when you cancel a flight. The duration also varies from airline to airline.
What happens when I don’t cancel my flight?
If you don’t cancel your flight and don’t show up at the airport to board the flight, the airline will consider you as a ‘No Show’. You will not receive any refund for it.
Is it better to cancel a flight or miss it?
If you are sure you cannot board the flight on the date of departure, it is better to cancel the flight than becoming a ‘No Show’. The chances of getting a refund is higher when you cancel a flight.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
Swiss Air offers refunds on non-refundable flights in the form of future travel points, alternate flights and travel vouchers.