About Wingo Airline
Planning for a vacation to some of the most picturesque and vibrant cities in Colombia? Then you should book your next flight with Wingo Airlines which offers 23 destinations throughout Latin America and the Caribbean.
Founded in 2016, Aero Republica S.A or popularly known as Wingo is a low-cost carrier owned by Copa Holdings (parent company of Copa Airlines). Copa Airlines announced the launch of Wingo as a substitute for its business in Latin America. The airline commenced its first flight from Bogota to Cancun. Currently operating with 9 aircrafts, the airline offers flights on the same routes as Copa. Wingo Airlines is headquartered at El Dorado International Airport, Bogota, Colombia.
Wingo Airlines is fairly new considering it commenced service in 2016 itself as a substitute for Copa Airlines. Wingo Air brands itself as the coolest airline in Latin America and offers relatively low fares to destinations in Latin America and Caribbean. The airlines offer customizations of travel plans depending upon budgets and needs. As it is a low-cost carrier, Wingo only offers one class of seat through the cabin and would charge for additional facilities like baggage, food and beverages, seat assignment and priority boarding options.
Cabin Classes in Wingo Airlines
Wingo Airlines offers its passengers single cabin class at a relatively cheap fare. Travellers who are looking for budget travelling can rely on Wingo for cheap fare. Being a low-cost carrier, Wingo flight ticket follows the concept of “only pay for what you want” which allows passengers to keep their flight budget-friendly.
Wingo Air only has one cabin class with standard seat pitch. However, the aircraft does feature different seat options that are available depending on different fare types.
- Go Basic
- Go Standard
- Go Plus
- Go Extra
Go Basic fare is known as the most restricted fare in Wingo as it only offers one personal bag and one flex option which allows passengers to change in their itinerary. In this fare, passengers can either choose to pay for seat selection or get a seat assigned randomly.
Go Standard features slightly better options than Go Basic in Wingo Airlines. This fare type offers one personal bag and one carry-on baggage of maximum weight of 12 kg. Another add-on is the one flex option which allows passengers to make changes in their reservation. However, in this fare as well, passengers will have to pay extra for seat selection.
Go Plus is more like a premium class in Wingo that offers multiple benefits to travellers. This fare type includes one carry-on baggage with maximum weight of 12 kg and one checked baggage of maximum weight of 20 kg. Apart from this, passengers can also take advantage of priority check-in at the airport, free seat selection and one chance to make changes in the Wingo flight booking.
Go Extra is the most flexible fare class in Wingo Airlines which comes with multiple benefits like extra baggage allowance, better seats, express check-in, airport check-in, priority boarding and unlimited changes in the reservation. This fare type includes one carry-on baggage with maximum weight of 12 kg and one checked baggage of maximum weight of 20 kg along with one personal baggage. This fare type also includes the Extra Room which offers more legroom and seat pitch than standard seats.
Wingo offers a standard baggage allowance which enables passengers to travel as per their requirements. The baggage allowance in Wingo Air depends on the fare types purchased by the customers. A Go Basic Fare in Wingo Air allows passengers to carry one personal bag in flight while Go Standard, Go Plus and Go Extra allows travellers to carry one personal, one carry-on baggage and one checked baggage.
However, there are certain guidelines in Wingo’s baggage policy.
- All passengers travelling in Wingo are allowed to carry one personal bag only.
- As per airline, the personal bag should be kept under the seat in front of the passenger.
- As per Wingo Airlines baggage allowance, personal items should not have any wheels attached and it should only be a handbag, backpack, or briefcase.
- Passengers travelling in Wingo Airlines with children can carry one more free personal item of the same measurement. The total dimension of the personal bag should not exceed 40 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm (height x length x width).
- Passengers travelling on Go Standard, Go Plus and Go Extra can carry one carry-on baggage.
- The maximum weight of a carry-on baggage must not exceed 12 kg of weight and linear dimensions 55cm x 45cm x 25cm (height x length x width) including wheels for both domestic and international flights.
- The airline advises the customers to keep their carry-on baggage on the overhead bins.
- Passengers travelling in Go Basic fare type can also purchase carry-on baggage allowance at certain fees in Wingo Air. The carry-on baggage fees vary depending on the place and time of purchase.
- Those passengers who have purchased the checked baggage option can carry up to 3 checked bags of 20 kg and 158 cm of linear dimension.
- Passengers travelling on Go Plus and Go Extra can carry checked baggage.
- The cost of checked baggage depends on timing and place of purchases as well as destination.
- Passengers travelling with checked baggage are advised to reach the airport at least 4 hours before their scheduled departure to submit their checked baggage 3 hours before any international outbound flight and 2 hours before any domestic flight.
- On flights to and from Havana, Wingo flights only allow one additional checked bag to be purchased from the website. However, additional baggage can be purchased at the airport as per availability.
Wingo Airlines check-in policy is quite flexible and offers multiple ways to check-in. Passengers can check-in online from 72 hours to 3 hours before the flight departure. During the check-in process, passengers must carry valid government identity proof along with passport, visa and electronic travel permission.
Online Check-in Facility
One of the most feasible ways to check-in for Wingo Airlines is the online web check-in method.
- The online web check-in starts 72 hours before the scheduled departure of flight. The online check-in ends 3 hours before the scheduled departure of Wingo flight.
- Travellers can either print their boarding pass at home or can collect them from the check-in counter of Wingo Airlines at the airport.
- You can check-in through the official website or simply use the Wingo Airlines mobile application.
- All you need to do is download the application from IOS Play Store or from Apple Store. Online check-in enables customers to choose their desired seat as per their requirement.
- However, if the customer does not opt for seat selection then the airline will assign you any seat randomly regardless of the fact that the customer may be travelling with family.
- The web check-in option is not available for the flight departing from Havana. Customers can print their boarding pass at the Wingo Airlines check-in counter without any surcharges.
If you prefer to check-in at the airport then you can check-in for your flight at the Wingo Airlines airport counter.
- As per Airlines, you should reach the airport 4 hours prior to departure for international flights and at least 3 hours prior for domestic flights.
- Travellers can seek assistance from the staff present at the check-in counter at the airport related to anything from check-in, baggage, seat selection and more.
Boarding at the Airport
Flights within Colombia
- Airport Counter – The airline advises its customers to reach the airport for scheduled domestic flight at least 3 hours before the Wingo flight is airborne. The airport check-in counter closes 1 hour before the scheduled international flight.
- Boarding Gate – Travellers should be present at the boarding gate at least 1 hour before the flight departure. The boarding gate usually closes 15 minutes before the flight departure.
- Airport Counter – The airline advises its customers to reach the airport for scheduled domestic flight at least 4 hours before the flight is airborne. The airport check-in counter closes 1 hour before the scheduled international flight.
- Boarding Gate : Passengers should be present at the boarding gate at least 1 hour before the flight departure. The boarding gate usually closes 15 minutes before the Wingo flight departure.
- Flights from Venezuela : All travellers should reach the airport at least 2-5 hours before the scheduled departure of the Wingo flight. The Wingo Air check-in counter closes 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
Wingo Airlines Refund Policy
Wingo Airlines offers promotional and non-refundable fares to its passengers. Also, in case a passenger fails to show up for the flight, the value of the ticket will forfeit.
- As per Wingo Airlines refund policy, if a flight is delayed for more than 5 hours or preponed by 1 hour or cancelled, the airline will notify the passenger through an email on the registered email address.
- Wingo Airlines is not solely responsible if a flight is delayed or cancelled due to extreme weather, natural disaster, meteorology, public order issues, ground delay programs, or delay due to passengers or congestion at the migration.
- However, passengers can claim adequate compensation in form of flight change, voucher refund, refund to payment method if the airline is responsible for the affected operations.
- Passengers who are ill can submit medical documents to claim a refund for the value of their ticket.
Frequently Asked Question
What are the ways to cancel Wingo Airlines flights?
You can cancel your flights in multiple ways both online and offline. However, it is advisable to cancel the booking via the same method it was booked in.
What size of bag is free in Wingo Airlines?
Wingo Airlines has a generous baggage allowance concept for passengers. All passengers can carry at least 1 personal baggage for free. The prescribed size for a carry-on luggage should not exceed more than linear dimensions 55cm x 45cm x 25cm (height x length x width) including wheels for both domestic and international flights.
What is the maximum size for carry-on baggage?
The prescribed size for a carry-on luggage should not exceed more than linear dimensions 55cm x 45cm x 25cm (height x length x width) including wheels for both domestic and international flights. For passengers travelling with more baggage, they can purchase extra baggage allowance as per their need. The weight of the carry-on baggage must not exceed 12 kg.
What is the maximum baggage weight for checked baggage?
Those passengers who have purchased the checked baggage option can carry up to 3 checked bags of 20 kg and 158 cm of linear dimension. Passengers travelling in Go Plus and Go Extra can carry one carry-on and one checked-in baggage free of cost. However, additional charges will be applicable on second baggage according to different fare types.
Are there any fees associated with checked baggage?
Wingo Airlines offers standard personal baggage to all passengers. However, passengers travelling in Go Basic have to purchase additional baggage including carry-on and checked baggage. Travellers in Go Standard, Go Plus and Go Extra can carry one complementary carry-on baggage and one checked baggage respectively.
Does Wingo Airlines have business class?
Wingo Airlines does not have different cabin classes. It is a single cabin class. However, passengers can purchase bundles which offer multiple benefits like priority check-in and boarding, ample baggage allowance and seat selection without extra charge.
Do I have to pay for seats in Wingo Airlines?
Passengers travelling in Go Basic and Go Standard have to pay an additional seat selection fee to choose desired seats. They can also choose Extra Room seats which offer more legroom and seat pitch than standard Wingo seats. While passengers travelling in Go Plus and Go Extra get complementary benefits of seat selection in the fare.
Can I check-in with the Wingo mobile app?
Yes, Wingo mobile app offers more convenience and flexibility when it comes to check-in.
When I check-in for my Wingo Flight?
The Wingo Airlines check-in starts 72 hours prior to scheduled departure. Passengers can either check-in via online or offline method. The check-in also closes 3 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
Can I get a refund if my Wingo flight is delayed?
Yes, affected passengers can claim a refund in the form of flight change, voucher refund, refund to payment method if the airline is responsible for the affected operations.