About EasyJet Airline
Flying with Easyjet? It is imperative for those who are travelling via a flight to know about EasyJet Cancellation Policy. Travel plans can be as unpredictable as life and that’s why you need to be prepared for everything. Cancelling a flight can be quite a headache even more when you have to pay for it. Easyjet cancellation policy allows you to cancel the flight without much inconvenience. The flexible cancellation also enables you to experience hassle free flight experience.
Easyjet is a British low-cost airline headquartered at London Luton Airport. The airline currently operates in 183 destinations in 6 continents with 325 aircrafts in its fleet. Easyjet has multiple hubs in Europe and also operates its affiliated airlines Easyjet UK, Easyjet Switzerland and Easyjet Europe. The airline has 29 bases in Europe with the largest one in Gatwick.
Easyjet Cancellation Policy Guides
Easyjet has a transparent and flexible cancellation policy to ensure passengers experience the minimum discomfort. That’s why airlines have EasyJet Flight cancellation and refund policies so that passengers can travel conveniently.
- Easyjet has a 24 hour cancellation period where passengers can cancel their booking to receive a refund after paying a certain cancellation fee.
- After the lapse of 24 hours, every ticket will be non-refundable.
- In case of severe health issues or bereavement, passengers are allowed to cancel their ticket and receive refund or flight voucher which will be valid for 6 months only.
- Incase of a flight delayed for more than 5 hours, passengers are eligible to request for alternate flight or refund against the original flight without any additional cost.
Easyjet 24 hours Cancellation Policy
Passengers can cancel their flight within 24 hours of purchase to receive full refund minus the cancellation charges as per Easyjet cancellation policy. However, there are some rules that need to be followed by customers in order to receive an appropriate refund.
- If passengers cancel the flight after 24 hours of purchasing the ticket, then, no refund shall be given as the ticket is considered non-refundable after 24 hours.
- Passengers cannot cancel their booking until 2 hours prior to departure.
- To avoid losing the entire value of the ticket, Easyjet allows passengers to make modifications in the booking such as name, destination, time etc.
- The modifications in the booking are subject to additional charges.
Easyjet Cancellation Policy Due to Bad Weather
There are times when extreme weather is responsible for flight delays or cancellations. The airline has a specific Easyjet delays and cancellation policy for cancellation or delays due to bad weather.
- If the airline cancels the flight due to bad weather, passengers are entitled to request for an alternate flight within the next 24 hours to the same destination without incurring any additional fee.
- In case of delay, passengers are entitled to cancel the booking or request for alternate flight on the same day. Also, passengers can also apply for a travel voucher against the cancelled flight that can be used for future travelling.
- As per Easyjet Cancellation and refund policy, the travel vouchers are only applicable for one year from the date of issuance.
How to Cancel EasyJet Flight?
It is fairly easy to cancel an Easyjet flight without much hassle. There are several ways to cancel the flight, you can either choose the online method that offers feasibility and convenience. You can also choose the offline method which includes going to the airport or contacting the customer care of Easyjet.
Online Cancel Booking
To cancel Easyjet booking, you have to access the airline’s website.
- Visit the official website of Easyjet Airlines. Enter your credentials and login to your account to proceed with cancellation.
- Click on Manage option in the dashboard to cancel Easyjet flights.
- Retrieve your booking details by entering your PNR and last name.
- After retrieving your reservation details, click on cancel flights and follow the prompts on the screen for cancelling EasyJet flights.
- Lastly, click on continue and proceed to cancel the booking and pay the cancellation fee pending upon the fare type.
- Lastly, you will receive a confirmation email from the airlines regarding confirmation.
Offline Cancel Booking
- Visit the Easyjet counter at the airport where the airline staff will assist you about cancellation.
- Provide the required information asked by the agent (user name, ticket number, arrival city, and other information to verify your identity).
- Choose the trip you want to cancel.
- Choose a payment method if you have to pay the Easyjet airlines fee for cancellation.
- Lastly, the airline will send a confirmation mail regarding Easyjet cancellation.
Easyjet Cancellation Fee
As per EasyJet Flight Tickets Policy, all tickets are subject to cancellation fee, even though cancelled within the 24-hours risk free time. Passenger will receive full refund if the reservation is cancelled within 24 hours of purchase, however after a deduction of cancellation fee. The cancellation fee depends on destination, timing of revocation, method of revocation and cabin class.
- On cancellation with online procedure, passengers will have to pay £49 as cancellation fee.
- If passengers cancel the reservation through the airline’s customer care, then the cancellation fee will be £55.
EasyJet Refund Policy
The airline provides a flexible and generous refund policy to customers in case of cancellation.
- The refund amount after ticket cancellation depends upon the destination, fare class and time of cancellation as per EasyJet Flight cancellation and refund.
- On non-refundable tickets, passengers will not receive any monetary refund, however, the airlines will offer travel vouchers for future reservations.
- If a passenger has booked the flight from a third-party booking, then the passenger will have to seek the refund from the third-party only.
- Customers can avail full refund as long as they cancel the booking within 24 hours of purchasing it, minus the cancellation fee.
How to Request for Easyjet Flight Refund?
To request for refund, you can login to the official website of
- Visit the website and navigate to the “Manage your reservation” section.
- Enter your booking details such as PNR number, flight number and last name to access the booking.
- Click on “Cancel and Refund” to initiate cancellation as per Easyjet Cancellation policy.
- You can also contact the Easyjet customer service by call or email to track your refund process too.
Easyjet Cancel Flight Compensation Policy
There are times when the airline is forced to cancel their flight due to unforeseen circumstances such as extreme weather, shortage of staff, technical issues or ATC clearance delay or even air traffic.
- In case of a cancelled flight, passengers can request for an alternate flight to the same destination or location without additional charges. Also, passengers can claim a refund for the cancelled flight.
- In case of a cancelled flight, the airline will rely on the information of possible cancellation or delay at the earliest as per Easyjet delays and cancellation policy.
- In case, if the booking has been made from a third-party platform, passengers will have to seek compensation from the third-part website only.
- In case of overnight delay, Easyjet offers full night accommodation to affected passengers.
Easyjet Delay Compensation Policy
- For flights flying less than 1,500 km, you are eligible to receive €250.
- For flights flying between 1,500 km to 3,500, you are eligible to receive compensation of €400.
- For flights flying beyond 3,500km, you are eligible to receive maximum compensation of €600.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if my Easyjet flight is delayed or cancelled?
As per Easyjet refund policy, in case of any delay or cancellation the airlines will update the passenger as soon as possible. However, passengers can request for alternate flights or full-refund in case of flight cancellation.
What is Easyjet’s 24-hours cancellation policy?
The Easyjet 24-hours cancellation policy guarantees that if the reservation has been made 7 days prior to scheduled departure, then you can cancel the booking within 24 hours to receive full refund minus the cancellation fee.
What happens if Easyjet cancels my flight?
If your flight is cancelled by the airlines, then you can change the travel date without incur change fee or you can request a refund for your unused ticket and extra services that you’ve purchased along with it.
What is the Easyjet Cancellation Policy?
According to Easyjet cancellation and refund policy, if you are cancelling within 24 hours of making the reservation, then you are eligible to receive a full refund minus the cancellation fee applicable.
How long does Easyjet issue a refund?
It usually takes about 7 business days to refund the ticket purchased through cash or credit card and it takes 20 business days to refund tickets purchased from cheques.
Does Cancelling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of Easyjet depends on the type of ticket you purchased. If the ticket meets all the requirements, you will receive an amount as refund.
What happens if I cancel my flight on the day of departure?
As per Easyjet cancellation policy, the airline allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. After paying a certain cancellation fee, the airlines will refund your non-refundable ticket in the form of travel vouchers. However, this is only applicable in specific circumstances.
Can I request compensation if my flight is delayed?
You can claim compensation if your flight has been delayed for more than 3 hours under EU261 policy. Also as per Easyjet refund policy, if your flight is cancelled then also you are eligible to receive compensation ranging from €230 to €500 depending on the distance of your journey.
Can I cancel my Easyjet flight for free?
A passenger can reverse the booking free of cost only in case of genuine emergency like serious health issue, bereavement of close family, covid health issue.