About LATAM Airlines
Due to long queues, check-in for flights can be extremely time-consuming and tiring. However, nowadays, check-in can be done by simply entering your PNR on the official website along with your last name to complete the check-in process in no time. LATAM Airlines check-in allows you to save precious time during your journey without any hassle.
LATAM Airlines Group S.A is a Chilean holding company, headquartered in Santiago, Chile. It is known as the biggest airline company in Latin America along with its subsidiaries in Ecuador, Brazil, Colombia, Paraguay and Peru. The airline currently operates on 140 destinations in 25 countries with six primary in Latin America : Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru with a collection of 332 aircraft in its fleet
LATAM Airlines Check-in Service
With LATAM Airlines online check-in facility, you can conveniently experience an extraordinary travel journey. You can either check-in for your LATAM check-in flight through an online web-check-in or you can opt for offline check-in at the airport counter. Offline check-in also includes check-in via kiosks that are available at the airport. However, you must follow the LATAM check-in to avoid any last-minute inconvenience.
- For domestic flights, web check-in is available between 48 hours prior and closes 60 minutes prior to departure.
- For International flights, LATAM Web check-in is available 96 hours before departure and closes 120 minutes before scheduled departure.
LATAM Check-in Timing
The check-in time of LATAM varies according to destinations. The airlines advise you to complete check-in within the given time to avoid any hassle at the last minute at the airport. You can opt for the LATAM check-in online process or you can check-in for the LATAM flight at the airport.
For flights operating within Brazil, the check-in closes 60 minutes before departure while for international flights to and from Brazil, check-in closes 90 minutes before scheduled departure.
|Check-in Before Scheduled Departure
|San Juan, Puerto Rica
|Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
LATAM Check-in Processes
LATAM Web Check-in
Passengers can check-in online through the LATAM website depending on their destination. During online check-in passengers can choose their preferred seat, add or purchase baggage allowance.
- You can complete the LATAM check-in online at the official website.
- You can also receive your E-boarding pass on your registered email-ID.
- In case of seat selection, LATAM web check-in does not allow reservation on emergency seats.
LATAM Web Check-in Restrictions
- Unaccompanied minors are not eligible for web check-in in LATAM Airlines, unaccompanied will have to check-in directly at the airport counter.
- Passengers who have requested for special service or seats are not eligible for web check-in. They will have to check-in at the LATAM airport counter.
- Passengers with physical disability are also not eligible for web check-in.
- Passengers travelling on discounted fares and promotional fares are also not eligible for online web check-in.
- Group bookings of more than 9 people are not eligible for LATAM web check-in.
LATAM Web Check-in Instruction for Travelling within Brazil
- Passengers travelling within Brazil cannot cancel their reservation online.
- In case of checked luggage, passengers should reach the baggage drop counter 60 minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- Passengers should reach the boarding gate 20 minutes before scheduled flight departure.
- In case, the passenger reports after flight departure, it will be considered as no-show and the value of the ticket will be forfeited.
How to Online Check-in for LATAM Airlines?
Passengers can check-in online through the LATAM Airlines website starting 48 hours before the scheduled departure. Passengers can choose their preferred seat, add or purchase baggage allowance during LATAM check-in online.
- Visit the LATAM Airlines official website.
- Navigate through the menu and click on the Manage Bookings.
- Select the flight and passenger for which you want to check-in.
- Check your flight details and click on baggage.
- Select your baggage requirement and proceed further.
- Proceed to seat selection.
- Select suitable seats and submit them.
- Now, go to the passenger details to finish the LATAM check-in.
- Confirm the passenger details and continue to make payment.
- Lastly, click on print boarding after checking-in.
LATAM Mobile Check-in
You can check-in for your LATAM flight via a mobile application which offers a seamless experience to every passenger.
- LATAM check-in via mobile is available for passengers between 48 hours to 60 minutes before scheduled departure of the flight.
- For international flights, mobile check-in is available between 48 hours to 120 minutes before scheduled flight.
How to Check-in For LATAM Through Mobile App?
- Download the LATAM Airlines App from the Play Store or Apple store.
- Open the app and log in to your LATAM Airlines account.
- Select the flight for which you want to check-in.
- Navigate through the options and complete the process and receive your boarding pass.
- Save the boarding pass as PDF to show at the airport security checkpoint. You can also get that print later.
LATAM Airlines Self Service Kiosk Check-in
Check-in at the self-service Kiosk usually takes a few minutes and saves you from the hassle of waiting in long queues.Self-services kiosks are located inside airport premises. It is fairly easy to do LATAM Airlines check-in with self-service kiosks.
- Access the Kiosk machine.
- Enter your PNR, last name and flight number to find your reservation.
- Select baggage requirements and proceed to seat selection
- Lastly, proceed to confirm checking and print your boarding pass.
LATAM Airlines Check-in at the Airport
Passengers can also check-in at the airport if they have spare time. At airport check-in counters, the check-in is available 90 minutes before the scheduled departure time for domestic flights. While the check-in for international flights begins 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
For flights to/from Brazil, passengers must complete TSA pre-clearance which includes additional security checks and document verification. To complete LATAM Airlines Check-in on time, passengers are advised to arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
The standard process of check-in at the LATAM counter involves you sharing your reservation details like PNR, flight number to the staff present at the counter.
LATAM Airlines Check-in Via Call
If you want check-in via phone call to LATAM Airlines Customer support number, and keep your booking reference and LAN Chile flight number handy. Inform them if you have any preference, select meals, seats, or any other flight service. You will be asked for a service fee. Once you are done with the LATAM Airlines check-in process, the airline will send the boarding pass to your registered email.
Frequently Asked Question
Does LATAM Airlines have online check-in?
Yes, a web check-in service is available on the LATAM website. You can easily check-in between 48 hours prior and close 60 minutes prior to departure for domestic flights within Brazil. For international flights, the online check in begins 96 hours before the
How early should I check in for my flight?
If you have check-in baggage, then check at least 3 hours prior to your flight’s departure. And in case, you don’t have checked-in baggage, then check-in 60 minutes before your flight takes off.
When does LATAM Airlines flight check-in begin?
Check-in for domestic is available between 48 hours prior and closes 60 minutes prior to departure. For International flights, LATAM check-in is available 96 hours before departure and closes 120 minutes before scheduled departure.
What is the check-in deadline for a LATAM Airlines flight?
LATAM Airlines check-in remains open between 36 hours to 60 minutes prior to the flight’s departure. For domestic flights, you can check-in between 36 hours to 45 minutes prior to your departure.
Is there any fee to check-in for the flight?
LATAM Airlines doesn’t charge any fee if you make a web or app check-in. Passengers, who check-in via LATAM Airlines phone call or at the airport counter may have to pay additional charges if the LATAM Airlines Flight Check-in time has lapsed.
Do I need to check-in online if I have baggage to check-in?
If you have baggage to check-in, you can either check-in through self-service Kiosk available at the airport to get your baggage tags or you can check-in your baggage at the check-in counters directly.
Do I need my e-ticket to check-in?
Domestic passengers do not need to show e-tickets. A print copy of your flight ticket is enough to get a boarding pass. An international passenger needs to have a print copy to pass the security checks.
How do I get my boarding pass?
You can get your boarding pass from online LATAM Airlines web check-in or can be downloaded from LATAM Airlines mobile app. Then you can either get it printed or you can show the digital version at the security checkpoint.
How long do I need to check-in before my flight?
LATAM Airlines Flight check-in policy advises every passenger to check-in at least 60 m before the scheduled departure.
What is the last time to board a LATAM Airlines flight?
The boarding gate closes 30 minutes before the flight’s departure. Passengers are required to present at the boarding gate at least 30 minutes prior. You will be marked a no-show if you fail to reach the gate