About Vueling Airline
Having a flight with Vueling? Don’t stress about standing in a long queue with baggage at the check-in counter because Vueling offers a variety of check-in options. Vueling check-in can be done through an online or by mobile app at the comfort of home. Also, you can check-in for your flight through a self-service kiosk at the airport to avoid time-consuming queues.
Founded in 2004, Vueling S.A is a low cost airline based at Viladecans in Great Barcelona with a hub at Barcelona-El Prat Airport. The airline has multiple hubs around the world such as Paris-Orly Airport in Paris, Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport in Rome and few more. It is also the second largest airline in Spain by both fleet size and number of destinations. Currently, Vueling has 155 destinations with 125 aircrafts in the fleet.
Vueling Check-in Policy
The airline offers flexible and feasible ways to check-in for Vueling flights. However, there are some guidelines that customers should adhere to for a seamless experience.
- Vueling online check-in is available for passengers from 7 days to 1 hours before scheduled departure.
- Airport counter check-in for Vueling flights are available from 2 hours to 40 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- Vueling also has automatic check-in which allows passengers to check-in automatically.
- In case if a passenger is unable to check-in online, it is likely that it is a case of overbooking. In this instance, passengers can demand compensation under EC261 and receive full-refund.
- Passengers arriving less than 40 minutes before the flight departure will be marked as no-show.
- If a passenger is flying with British Airways or Iberia, then Vueling online check-in is available 24 hours before scheduled departure.
Vueling Check-in Facilities
The airline offers several ways to check in for Vueling flight. Passengers can simply check-in for their flight without stepping out of their home.
Vueling Online Check-in
- Login to the Vueling official website.
- Retrieve the booking by filling your booking ID, ticket number, and last number of the passenger.
- Select the flight and passenger before proceeding.
- Select the preferred seat, subject to availability and confirm the check-in.
- Lastly, you will receive a confirmation of check-in on your registered email Id. You can also download your boarding pass and get it printed later.
Exception to Web-Check-in
There are some instances where customers cannot check-in via online method and must check-in for Vueling flight at the airport.
- Minors flying without an adult from Italy are not eligible for online web check-in.
- Passengers travelling with pets are also not allowed to check-in online.
- Passengers who have reserved an extra seat will have to check-in directly at the airport.
- Passengers travelling with musical instruments or sporting gears also have to check-in at the Vueling counter at the airport.
- Passengers with pending payment or unconfirmed booking are not eligible for online check-in.
Vueling Mobile Check-in
The user-friendly interface of Vueling mobile app also allows you to check-in swiftly without much hassle.
- Download the official Vueling app on your mobile.
- Login to the app with your user Id and password and navigate through the interface to go through the Vueling check-in process.
- click on the “Check-in” button.
- Enter your flight confirmation number, last name of the passenger in the required field.
- Tap on the segment you want to check-in along with the number of passengers you want to check-in.
- Select additional options like seats, meals and other special assistance in your reservation.
- Lastly, proceed to check-in and receive a boarding pass.
Vueling Self-Service Kiosk Check-in
Passengers who haven’t completed web or app check-in, can still check-in and get their boarding pass at the airport. Once you reach the airport, go straight to the self-service check-in kiosk and avoid long queues. Follow the below mentioned steps to check-in for the Vueling flight from self-service Kiosk.
- Enter the details of your reservation at the available self-service kiosk check-in for the Vueling flight at the airport.
- Check-in and select seats before check-in.
- Once you are done, you can print or download your boarding pass.
Vueling Automatic Check-in
Vueling offers an automatic check-in facility to passengers so that they don’t have to stress about checking-in time. Passengers who have booked their flight via mobile app are eligible to use the automatic check-in facility. This facility can be availed while making reservations starting from the app itself. This facility will automatically check-in the passenger 24 hours before the scheduled flight.
Vueling Airport Check-in
Passengers who are not tech-savvy or haven’t completed the Vueling check-in for their flight online can complete it at the airport. They can visit the airport ticket counter directly and complete their check-in process with the help of Vueling staff at the counter. Staff can also assist the passengers for other formalities as well such as seat selection, upgrade and more.
Check-in Time at the Airport
|Check-in Open and Closing Time
|To/From Schengen Area
|Check-in Desk opens: 2 hours before flightCloses : 45 minutes before departure
|To/From outside the Schengen Area
|Check-in Desk opens: 2 hours 20 minutes before flightCloses : 60 minutes before departure
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I check-in at the airport with Vueling online check-in?
Yes, passengers can check-in online or they can also check-in at the airport with the assistance of Vueling staff.
How early should I check in for my flight?
If you are checking bags, then check at least 2 hours prior to your flight’s departure. And in case, you are not checking bags, then check-in 60 minutes before your flight takes off.
What is the check-in deadline for a Vueling flight?
Vueling online check-in remains open between 7 days to 1 hour before the scheduled departure and check-in counter at the airport remains open from 2 hours to 45 minutes before the departure for domestic flights in the Schengen area.
What is the last time to board a Vueling flight?
The boarding gate closes 30 minutes before the flight’s departure. Passengers are required to present at the boarding gate at least 45 minutes prior. You will be marked a no-show if you fail to reach the gate.
Do I need to check-in online if I have baggage to check-in?
If you have luggage to check-in, you need to go to the check-in counter assigned for Vueling at the airport.
Do I need my e-ticket to check-in?
Domestic passengers do not need to show e-tickets. A print copy of your flight ticket is enough to get a boarding pass. An international passenger needs to have a print copy of e-ticket and boarding pass to clear the security checks.
What is the deadline to drop the luggage before boarding the flight?
Passengers flying with the checked bags must drop their luggage at the airline’s baggage counter at least 40 minutes prior to your flight’s scheduled departure.
Do I have to pay for seats in Vueling?
As Vueling is a low-cost airline, thus, passengers have to pay a seat selection fee after check-in. However, you may take assistance from the Vueling staff at the counter who will accommodate you on a free seat if available.
How early should I arrive at the airport for an international flight with Vueling?
Passengers should arrive at least 3 hours early at the airport for international flights. In case of no checked baggage, passengers can arrive at least 2 hours early for their flight.
How early can I check-in for the Vueling flight?
Passengers may check-in online anytime from 7 days to 1 hour before the scheduled departure of Vueling flight.